Why is an effective chatbot important? An unhelpful chatbot
- results in 35% of customers avoiding chatbot
- misinterpret customer’s intent, delays or interferes with handoffs to live agents
- damages the customer experience and your brand
How to make an effective chatbot?
- Collect data from chat logs with live agents, website request, email, and SMS of how customers ask questions
- Testing conversation flow, seamless experience across platforms, and monitoring responses
- Continuously monitor, improve and innovate
What are your strategies in making your chatbot effective? Share your experience in the comments!
By Christoph Börner on Total Retail
Chatbot Lessons for Retailers: Maintaining Excellent CX Year-Round
It happens every year. In November and December, consumers who are overjoyed with the holidays spend more than they had planned. In fact, on Black Friday 2022, consumers spent a record $9.12 billion online. This excitement continues into January, as gift cards get spent and returns are made. Then, reality strikes as the post-holiday spending slump begins and retailers struggle to get rid of excess inventory.
Therefore, it’s crucial to make sure that even during the busiest days of the year, nothing compromises the simplicity, security and ease of buying on your e-commerce site; otherwise, your customers will go to a competitor…