There are many different ways you can use our services to communicate with others or to create new content. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Your privacy matters to PBrain so whether you are new to PBrain or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us. For example, some our services will require you to sign up for a account with us. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account.
Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you sign up to create PBrain Messenger Bot on Facebook Messenger using our platform, or interact with a Facebook page that uses our services. This information includes:
When you use our services or view content provided by PBrain, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your PBrain Account.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5).
Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a PBrain service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
Information we collect when you are signed in to PBrain, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your PBrain Account. When information is associated with your PBrain Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect PBrain and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content.
We may use the name you provide for your PBrain Profile across all of the services we offer that require a PBrain Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your PBrain Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible PBrain Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact PBrain, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. One of the products we use to do this on our own services is PBrain Messenger Bot.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other PBrain services. Depending on your account settings, your activity on other sites and apps may be associated with your personal information in order to improve PBrain services.
PBrain processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Adjust how the Profile associated with your PBrain Account appears to others.
- Control who you share information with through your PBrain Account.
- Take information associated with your PBrain Account out of many of our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of PBrain unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of PBrain when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain administrators
If your PBrain Account is managed for you by a domain administrator then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your PBrain Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of PBrain if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of PBrain , our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect PBrain and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to PBrain employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Last edited on 26 February 2017